Sunday, October 26, 2008

Futile Self-Relexivity Points

With the chill in the air I am taken back to the times I can barely remember. It hurts to stretch the memory in the ways I've been trying to remember me and you. Thinking of memories or am I making them up?
The good, the bad, the "I thought so unforgettable," have almost all been forgotten. But there was a time when I thought us being apart meant the end of world.
Weird, the world kept on going. As it always does, as it always will.
I found the T-Shirt you sent yourself to me in and it's yellow now. It was white nearly a decade ago, but now it's like a wedding dress from some woman's past relationship. Tossed aside, shoved in the back of a closet that has since been filled with new, semi-happier memories.
I found the words you once thought down to paper and realized that those words mean almost nothing now and the person you are now wouldn't recognize the person that wrote those words. If you tried to look your past self in the eyes you would be looking at a stranger. But then again, if you're current eyes were looking into my current eyes we would not understand.
To think there was a time when you were the only person in the world who understood me, but now, while you think you still do, we are both so far gone...

No comments: